Innovation day

Hi guys Quicksilver here! and today I will tell you about my innovation day project. Me and my classmates were assigned to make a medieval castle with a draw bridge that works.

Background information

Castles are meant for protection and most of them in the medieval times we’re made out of stone. Castle were made for fights and to protect their lord or leader which was the king and the queen. Castles are mostly big stone buildings that have towers and weapons. They had some houses on  the inside and they have huge doors made out of metal bars that they can open and close so the castle does not get raided. Mostly everyone used castles only for that reason  which is protection.

A draw bridge is a type of bridge that is used on castles a drawbridge can move up and down To stop unwanted guests. It can move thanks to the help of pulleys and gears systems the ropes go on top of the pulley and then attached to the gear system. There are many ways to make a drawbridge but you would need a pulley for sure and the gears would make things a lot easier. Most drawbridges are made out of wood.

The lords were the really important people and the serfs are the people that had nothing power,education,and had no importance except for being slaves. The lords work for the kings. The knights work for the lords and the serfs farm the land and be controlled because there peasants. The serfs basically had to do all the dirty work while the lords and kings live in royalty and it was really unfair for the peasants or serfs because they had to get food,pay rent,and had to build shelters.

That was my hypothesis and here is my procedure.

That was my procedure I hoped you liked my video and here is my results.Conclusion in the end my hypothesis idea was super close to my actual build. There was one problem though with the gear system the gear move with the rope which does not count as a gear system. So I did it again added a hot glue to keep it on and then I separated the gears a bit. Then my gear system worked and I was super happy. That is  it that was my blog post about my Innovation day  project I hope you have a blessed day bye!!

2 thoughts on “Innovation day”

1. Great work buddy! Love the stealthy black castle idea. Interesting fact – There is a Black castle in England. May be we can visit it in the near future.

I like how you used gears and pullies for your design. This is what a real draw bridge would use although it is not so easy to make with string and cardboard. 😉 You did a great job my little engineer. Now you can help me with our DIY projects at home 🙂

Love daddy,
    xxx

1. Thanks a lot on the feedback dad it was much appreciated and I will see if we could do DIY projects in the future!